Dec 20 by Jenna Sauber
Wow, what a year it has been for Girl Up! I cannot believe we started this campaign just a few months ago. We all know time flies when you’re having fun!
There are so many things we’ve done and achieved this year, but before we start 2011, we want to share some of our favorite moments of 2010. Stay tuned for Part 2 of this blog (that we’ll post next week) featuring some of our favorite stories from YOU!
- Our Unite for Girls Tour traveled from Chicago to New York, to L.A. and Seattle, and most recently to Denver. Our pep rallies were attended by hundreds of girls and boys, and our events featured our amazing Champions and Global Advocates, such as Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, Victoria Justice, Nigel Barker, Rebecca Soni, and more!
- Girl Up Champion Ivanka Trump launched her signature Girl Up bracelet through her Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry line. One bracelet (which you can buy here) is worth six “High Fives!”
- Queen Rania was named Glamour magazine’s 2010 Woman of the Year for her efforts supporting girls around the world, especially through Girl Up, and we were there for the celebration with some of our teen advisors!
- Our PSA, “Connecting the Dots,” was screened during VH1’S Do Something Awards and featured in Times Square on the big screen for an entire month along with other UN Foundation videos. So cool!
- Our team traveled to Malawi and Liberia to visit the UN-supported programs you are helping to fund!
- Girl Up appeared on The Today Show, Good Morning America, MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell Reports, and more!
We can’t even fit everything amazing that happened here…but we do know that none of it would have happened without you! What are some of your favorite 2010 Girl Up moments? Tell us!