Dec 14 by Jenna Sauber
It’s the holiday season, so you’re probably getting all kinds of invites to parties and fun gatherings with friends and family. At Girl Up, we think there’s no better combination than food, fun, people we love and giving back!
You may not have used our events hosting tool yet, so we wanted to give you the run-down on how to host your own party, movie night, bowling tournament (you name it), so you can invite all your friends and give back through Girl Up! I set up my own event — check out how it works!
- Head to GirlUp.org/yourevents and select the link that says Host Event. Fill out some basic information about yourself and create a password to be able to log into your host center later on.
- Once you’ve logged in, you will see a page (see the screenshot here) where you can fill out the details of your party: the name, the description, your address etc.
- When your event is set up, you can head to your Host Center and make other edits to it. Perhaps you want to make it private, so that only those whom you invite can see it. You can also add a photo to the event page and customize the event URL so it’s easier to send to your invite list.
- Then head to your Email Center and start sending out your invites! We already have some suggested emails set up for you: the invite, an event update and a post-event thank you. You can add your contacts in one by one, or you can even import from an address book to add multiple people at once. Once people start RSVPing, you’ll be notified and they’ll show up on your event page.
- If you want everyone you know to show up to your event, you’ll need to make it public when you set it up. That way, people can search for it on GirlUp.org and RSVP!
- What’s cool about the Your Events tool is that people can donate to Girl Up through your event online — straight from your event page— so that’s an option if you are collecting donations from your event anyway.
Ready to get started? Head to GirlUp.org/yourevents, start celebrating and giving back!